It's cold aF in dc, so while we're applying extra chapstick, here are 8 places we'd rather be running:
1. San Diego, California - with weather in the mid-70s year-round, and every type of trail, sand, and pavement to run, there's no where we'd rather be.
2. Barcelona, Spain - it's sunny here 320 days a year. Enough said.
3. All of Florida - they hold races in February, and people wear shorts.
4. Hawaii - do you even need the cold weather as an excuse to escape to Hawaii? If you do, it's also the home of the Kona Iron Man Championships.
5. Charleston, South Carolina - endless historical streets, with mild winters averaging in the 60s.
6. Puerto Rico - This US territory cools down to a balmy 71 degrees in the winter.
7. Galveston, Texas - while we're bundled up like a marshmallow, Galveston will be in the 50s come January.
8. St. Simons Island, Georgia - if a picture is worth a thousand words, just see below: